Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Delusive religion
Posted by: El casa ex field (IP Logged)
Date: December 23, 2004 03:48AM

The bigest delusion of all religions is that they deny the rest and make their followers to believe that God supports their religion and denies all rest as well.
This is not only leading us into deep delusions, but it also drives us away from God ItSelf.
Despite all the faith and belief of those worshipers, they know nothing about God and the world, because they don`t know themselves.
Blind faith is not only delusive (and the religions as well), it is foolish, for the lazy, sleeping minds.
I like this sayng thing:
"In the land of the blind,the one-eyed man is a king"

Re: Delusive religion
Posted by: Iliya Kozhouharov (IP Logged)
Date: December 23, 2004 10:42PM

Dear El casa ex field,

I would not say “the bigest delusion of all religions is that they deny the rest and make their followers to believe that God supports their religion and denies all the rest as well”. I think the biggest harm caused by religions is concerned to the following: they suggest some assertions which do not have any proofs. This way, the people catched in the meshes of a pernicious religious doctrine get accustomed to think without proofs. This provokes enormous (probably bigger than we think) injuries upon human consciousness.

El casa ex field,
You say that something “drives us away from God ItSelf”. I would like to ask you: “How do you know that God exists?” Actually you add: “…they know nothing about God…, because they don`t know themselves”. Does it means you know (something) about God, because you (for example) know yourself. And, if you have reached the knowledge in question (of yourself and owing to it – of God), would you share with me (or us) how did you realize that knowledge? And moreover – how did you understand you realized it?

Posted by: rio de janeiro (IP Logged)
Date: December 24, 2004 02:18AM

Hello Ilya,
Well... I shall try to answer your questions alright.
I totaly agree with you that people are accustomed to believe without proof, even without using their own abbility of tought and logic. The injuries upon human psyche are that we
never learn to be individuals, and all the religious and ethnic intolerance among people.

Now as for your questions.. firstly, “How do you know that God exists?” I know that God exists, because I exist, I the Mind. And the existence of the universe itself is a proof as well.
Secondly, by saying "they know nothing about God and the world, because they don`t know themselves" I ment that people are prejudiced, shallow-thinking, and because of the aforementioned tendency of believing without proof, they also are easily manipulated in various ways. This is so, because we lack self-consciousness, we act spontanously and usually without thinking for the consequencies of our actions. I can not say that I know myself and there`s nothing more to be learnt. The path of self-knowledge is a way of life. This is an ongoing process throughou your life. But I walk on the road of selfknowledge and God ,and someday I too will be able to say, as Carl Gustav Jung did as answer to the question about believing in God "Believe? I don`t need to believe, I know."

Your last two questions are very interesting indeed.
how did you realize that knowledge? And moreover – how did you understand you realized it?
Well, the realization came with the time.. time that I asked myself all kinds of questions about everything around me and meself, and then I looked for the answers.. Everywhere.
Religons, philosophies, pshychology and gradually I started to connect the things, to make an ever more exact and detailed picture about the way the world is made and works, along our whole civilization and us, as human beings , moreover as living minds.
This process of realization is still in progress in myself.
And finally, I understand that I indeed have realized The knowledge, because I became more aware, more conscious.. It is a bit hard to explain, especially in a foreign language that I don`t know perfectly. The feeling of being aware is to know the reasons behind your behaviour and reactions or those of the others. And the world and all the things that happen in it from chaotic separate events, gradually start to become more and more connected with each other, you are starting to see the connections between the cause and effect, not only in yourself!

I want to make it clear, that I do not claim about any special knowledge and especially about knowing the absolute truth.
I just share my vision with you and everyone who is interested in reading it.

Date: December 24, 2004 02:28PM

Dear El casa ex field (as well as Rio de Janeiro),

Thank you for your epistle. There are many interesting points in it – they offer a possibility of comments. But… at the end you wrote: “It is a bit hard to explain (the way of a personal knowledge – my note, I.K.), especially in a foreign language that I don`t know perfectly”.

OK! Then we can make a translation of our texts here and move them to a suitable place in the Bulgarian Version of the Forum. (May I suppose that your native language is Bulgarian?) So, we can start a new theme or a new sub-forum with a title like this: “From where I know what I think I know?”
What do you think about my proposal? I need your short “Yes” – only!

Posted by: Jerusalem (IP Logged)
Date: December 24, 2004 10:38PM

I started this theme in the english version of the Forum for fun and to give the occasional foreign visitor a starting topic.

As for your proposal for creating a new sub-forum named “From where I know what I think I know?” I think this is kind of delusive topic. It is something like the famous remark "I think, therefore I am".. Let us move to the bulgarian verison of the topic with a different theme, let`s say "How do I know that what I know is not false?" or something with similar sense.

Date: December 24, 2004 10:53PM

OK!
Let it be! (With some special features.)

Posted by: kodesh (IP Logged)
Date: December 25, 2004 01:49AM

What special features more specifically?

With smile

Date: December 25, 2004 01:04PM

Please, wait for a while!

Smiling, IK

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.